Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Got My Head in the Clouds Again

A couple of weekends ago, my friend Greg, his dog Ozzy, and I hiked up Forget Me Not Ridge (not to be confused with Forget Me Not Creek) just Southwest of Bragg Creek.

It was a great day. Good place for a brain scrub, which I needed at the time. My head had felt like it was in the clouds, so actually getting my head in the clouds and taking a look around was a good perspective to notice.

During the week, Greg is a Geologist and on the weekend, he's a tree huger. It was cool to walk past a "sub-alpine fur tree" (he knew the scientific name, but wouldn't say until I prodded) to have Greg point out when they're knocked over by wind or avalanche, the branches will actually adapt and take root in the soil.









1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Brendon, it seems to me that you have a great trip in this venue. Its looking very wonderful, I also want to be there.

    ===================================
    Hemant Kumar
    look4ward

    ReplyDelete