I finally finished the bracing on my guitbox yesterday. It took a lot of elbow grease, but I'm happy with what I've got. Both the top and back have what they call a good "tap tone".
I defy you to find any glue seepage on it. Even the most expensive factory manufactured guitar will have glue stains in the bracing.
Every step of the way requires multi tasking. While the glue for the braces was drying, I sanded the radius into the side profile of what will make up the body. I did this on two large sanding discs that are dome shaped. They spin at a relatively slow speed and cary very coarse sand paper (40 grit for you carpengeeks).
In the midst of all this, I started work on the neck. The first step is cutting the slots for the frets to nest in. Then, I created a template from MDF (particle board), that matches the contour of the finger board which is rosewood (pictured left).
Things are really going to come together in the next couple days.
As a side note, I found out the details for the Forest Tate Fraser Sled Island Music Festival spot. It's at The Marquee Room on Saturday night (June 28). I'm really excited to be playing with Rock Plaza Central. I've been a fan for a few years.
The end of the month is shaping up to be as exciting as the last half of May. Busy and new.