Pete, Dik, and I have coined this The Summer of Enjoying Yrself. Two years ago was The Summer of Fun.
The Summer of Fun proved difficult to maintain. So much pressure. Fun doesn't give you a chance to breathe. To slow down. Sniff the air.
The Summer of Enjoying Yrself on the other hand is easy. Forget about it. Enjoy yrself. Fair enough.
Fun means doing something. Making it happen. You don't usually know it's fun until it's over. Enjoyment comes once you make the realization. Hey, I like this.
At work. On the couch. Under the sun. On the water. By yrself or with company.
Like I said, enjoying yrself is easy. And telling other people to enjoy themselves is a welcome gesture. Give it a try.
Here are a few things I've been enjoying:
- riding my motorcycle down beautiful ocean side roads
- the hockey game tonight was pretty good
- learning a new skill
- new people, some of which will become lifelong friends. I know it
- getting lady advice from my little brother
- requiring lady advice
- eating fish
- drinking the odd beer with friends
- jogging down beautiful ocean side roads
- waking up in the morning
- going to bed at a decent time
- thinking about what's coming next
- the thought that people miss me when I'm gone
- taking pictures
Here are some examples of people enjoying themselves